The founder of our institute emphasize that religious missionary and service are to be completed in harmony and cooperation with the sacraments and the liturgy of the Catholic Church. The Franciscan Missionary Brothers of Service was established at Carceri(a reclusive place) in Assisi (Italy) on April 9, 1995 (Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion) with the entrance of the first two brothers.
- The late-diocesan bishop (Keyong GapKeyong Josep) allowed the first Korean brother to be admitted to the novitiate in Daejeon Diocese (August 10, 1996).
- The first Zambian brother entered into the regional house (Jeonui in Korea) so that he can serve as a missionary (1999).
- The rule and constitutions were ratified by the diocesan bishop of Deajeon (September 9, 1999).
- The first brother made his final vows and on the same day the Jeongui mother house was consecrated (September 18, 2000).
- The first brother was ordained priest and so we reached the initial stage of the institute (January 29. 2002).
- The late-diocesan bishop (Keyong GapKeyong Josep) approved “Franciscan Missionary Brothers of Service” as a religious institute established by his diocese.
History of our institute
April 9, 1995: foundation of our congregation
September 9, 1999: ratification of our constitutions
September 18, 2000: final vows of the first brother. And consecration of the mother house(Jeonui)
January 29, 2002. Priestly ordination of the first brother
June 13, 2003: approval of diocesan foundation.
May 1, 2004: opening of the 1st international formation house in Italy.
November 1, 2006: opening of the 2nd international formation house in Italy.
October 15, 2008: opening of the formation house in Zambia.
September 6, 2009: opening of the 3rd international formation house in Italy.
July 20, 2012: dispatching of the first missionary to Zambia.
August 15, 2012: starting of mission in Tambu, Zambia.
September 18, 2012: dispatching of the first missionary to Tambu, Zambia.
July 1, 2015: Closure of the three international houses in Italy.
May 20, 2017: Opening of Millemani, culture and spirituality center.
April 1, 2018 ~ January 20, 2021: Dolmaru subparish apostolate (Dangjin parish, Daejeon Diocese)
Agosto 11, 2020: the establishment of liturgical candle research institute.